- Reduce the levels of fear and anxiety
- Produce pervasive relaxation
- Help reduce the need for medication and therefore eliminating its risks for both mother and baby
- Increase the rate of spontaneous birth reducing the need for intervention
- Shorten the length of labour by reducing anxiety whilst in labour
- Encourage the management and control of sensations of discomfort
- Increase positive emotions during labour
- Promote recovery
- Reduce the incidence of post natal depression
- Help maintain strong energy levels throughout
- Promote lactation for breast-feeding
- More calmer mum and baby
By using self-hypnosis, relaxation, visualisation and breathing methods we can prepare both your mind and body for a natural birth. Using hypnosis for pain management and reaching a deep relaxation state you can remain calm, confident and in control throughout labour and childbirth.
For couples experiencing problems with getting pregnant it can seem as though it is difficult to focus on other things in your life, becoming all consuming and can also leave you feeling detached from friends and family and the world.
The power of the mind on the body is immense and influenced by our emotions and thoughts which can in turn affect the hormonal balance in our bodies. Research shows that hormone levels, ovulation and other reproductive factors can be affected and hypnotherapy can help maximise your chances of conceiving either naturally or by using medical treatments such as drug therapy or IVF.
Hypnosis can also help restore confidence in yourself and your body and help resolve any issues around managing stress or any unconscious blocks that may be affecting your ability to conceive.