As IBS is a medical condition, it is important to consult your doctor first for information and a diagnosis and even though there is no cure for IBS, it can be helpful to identify foods that may trigger the symptoms, alter the fibre in your diet, exercise regularly and reduce your stress levels.
IBS can be unpredictable, painful and debilitating which can have a negative effect on not only your emotions but also on your quality of life.
Hypnotherapy can help sufferers of IBS manage their stress levels. As the state of mind has an impact on our physical health, tension, stress and anxiety can play a part in affecting the symptoms of IBS, increasing the frequency and severity of the problem.
As hypnotherapy reduces stress and anxiety, hypnosis sessions will help you to:
- Use positive suggestions and visualisation
- Learn coping strategies
- Learn relaxation techniques
- Learn how to manage stress and tension
- Learn how to cope with any worries or fears which contribute to IBS
- Learn self-hypnosis to continue the sessions at home, giving you more confidence in your ability to control the condition
All the above can have a positive effect on IBS and hypnotherapy has have been shown to help alleviate symptoms of IBS.